Objectives and tasks
EPC is an association of producers, livestock and poultry farmers, livestock and poultry breeders, and friends of egg and poultry production in Europe who have joined together
- to promote European integration within society and intensification
- of cooperation in Europe’s agriculture,
- to materially promote European agribusiness,
- for an intensive exchange of information and experience in European egg and poultry production.
EPC addresses issues of economic and production-specific structuring of egg and poultry production and its integration in society in Europe, in close cooperation with practitioners, entrepreneurs and scientists, and serves in particular the following purposes:
- creation of a neutral platform and network enabling transfer of the latest business and market information as well as scientific findings to practice and society,
- promotion of all branches and all farm and company sizes in egg and poultry production with regard to management, production, marketing, financing etc.,
- promotion of European egg and poultry production within the framework of committees, events and exhibitions of the German Agricultural Society (DLG).
THE TASKS OF EPC ARE
- to hold an annual general assembly and other public events in Europe,
- to regularly publish work of the EPC and DLG and to inform members of all valuable and interesting proceedings in the various sectoral fields,
- to hold congresses, meetings, seminars, symposiums and the like, also in conjunction with specialist exhibitions, particularly those of the DLG,
- to award scholarships and prizes.